MELBOURNE

Thursday, 7th March 2013

Arrived in Melbourne last Thursday. Got off the plane feeling really jet lagged. I also had a sore throat because I didn't drink enough water on the plane journey from Singapore. Wasn't really my fault though because I wasn't allowed to bring a water bottle on the plane with me. Walked outside and started to melt in the 36°C heat. Sat down and waited well over an hour and a half for a bus to drive to my hostel in St Kilda. I would have gotten a taxi but it would have cost AUS$70+ (the bus only cost $20).

Finally got to 'Base' hostel in St Kilda and checked in. The staff there are really friendly, much nicer than the people at the Singpore hostel. My roommates were all really nice. There was a guy from France (I'm pretty sure he told me his name but I've forgotten it now), Michael from New Castle and an American bloke who I met at night when he was wasted. I also met Josh who is from Auckland, Tom and Miff who are from Portsmouth originally but are now living in Auckland for the Summer. For the rest of the day I just went to the beach and read Scott Pilgram volume 1. Had a few drinks at night then went to bed early because I was ridiculously tired.

Found out that there was a one day music festival happening in Melbourne on the Sunday called Future Music. I ended up buying a ticket because The Prodigy were playing.

On Friday me, Michael, Josh, Tom and Miff went into the City. Melbourne city center is great. Walked around and took lots or photos and watched a lot of street performers. If you ever come to Melbourne, you'll soon realise that everything is expensive. For example, I ended up paying $9 for just over a half pint of cider, which is about £6!

Friday night at the hostel is $5 Pizza night. I waited over an hour to get my fecking pizza! Once it finally came it did taste lovely, not really worth the wait though. At night I just went to the beach, sat down, listened to music and relaxed for a while. Walking back home I decided to go into Luna Park and take some photos. Luna Park is a really cool amusement park, especially at night. Got quite a lot of decent photos.

On Saturday I checked out and was picked up from the hostel by Aunty Kim and Uncle Seng. They are friends of the family. Have to call them Aunty and Uncle because it's a Chinese thing. Went back to their house, which is huge! Had a nice and relaxing day. Went to Westfield Shopping Centre and got some lunch and at night I just watched Mr Bean and Blackadder then went to bed.

Yesterday I went to Future Music festival. Feel a bit bad for getting Aunty Kim and Uncle Seng to drop me there and pick me up at night but I couldn't pass up the opportunity while I was in Melbourne and this was happening. Ended up watching Zane Lowe, Rudimental, PSY, Steve Aoki, Madeon, Dizzee Rascal and The Prodigy. Zane Lowe was okay, he played a lot of shit but at the end he played Slayer - Raining Blood which was awesome. I haven't heard much from Rudimental before but most of the set was good. The Feel The Love song was great live. Watch the music video to the song as it's amazing (below). PSY and Gangdam style was umm okay I guess. Just good to have seen the most viewed youtube video live. Never heard of Steve Aoki before. There was a lot of base in his set. He also threw 3 different cakes at people in the crowd. Cakes!?! What a mentalist. Madeon was great, really good to have listened to the Pop Culture song live. Sat down and had some expensive food during Dizzee. He was good but played mostly new songs. Ended on Bonkers. The prodigy were amazing. Slightly disappointed that they only played for 1hour and 15minutes. Took lots of videos which I will upload to youtube when I get home if not sooner.

Monday now and I having a nice and relaxing day doing nothing. Going back to the hostel later tonight. Will update this again when I'm in Adelaide.







1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we can't imagine that sports are so funny but we really enjoyed when we look at funny sports pictures, moments and videos. Some pictures will remind you of your ambitions about your life while other humorous ones will relieve your stress and make your life more comfortable and easier. While wasting your time watching something marginally funny may actually frustrate you, watching truly hilarious movies and shows is an easy way to get laughter into your life whenever you need it.

    Feel free to visit my website funny pictures and sayings about deltona fl

    ReplyDelete