MORE STUFF

Fun fact: If you go traveling bring a travel towel. It's like an indestructible super tower that never gets wet.

For the rest of Monday, Uncle Seng and Aunty Kim took me to a Chinese restaurant. Uncle ordered everything and I ended up drinking hot Chinese tea and eating Chicken feet! Got back to the house and watched the new episode of Top Gear before I got a lift back to the hostel. It was really nice seeing Aunty and Uncle again but it was good to be back at the hostel.

After having a nice and relaxing day on Monday, I woke up on Tuesday feeling fine and finally not jet lagged. Went to the beach all day and I ended up getting sunburnt ಠ_ಠ . (I'm half way around the world and I know my mum will still have a go at me the next time I speak to her because I got sunburnt ha). Went into the sea and when I got out I clearly didn't put enough sun cream on my back, neck and feet. Apparently if you get a tomato and rub tomato juice on the sunburn it helps. It's a good job I packed all those tomato's in my suitcase before I left England. Who knew fruits could be so helpful. It's just like if you eat a banana before a night out you wake up with no hangover. (Is a tomato a fruit?)

While I was in Melbourne, I was planning on going to the Neighbours set and looking around Ramsay Street. However, because I ended up buying the Future Music ticket I couldn't really afford to pay $50 for the Neighbours Tour. I know Sam, Cat & Lauren (my old uni roommates) would have loved to have seen photos of me having a fantastic time hanging out with Harold, Karl an Susan, but they will just have to be disappointed. I know Sam will be devastated that she's not going to get a Neighbours postcard. In Uni every time I saw her, all she would go on about is Neighbours. Neighbours this, tunalips that. But never mind.

FLIES!!! I really really really hate flies. I have a list of things I hate and flies are currently at the top of the list. Cling film and cold weather is also on that list but that's another story. Anyway I fucking hate flies and there are a shit load of them flying around Melbourne. I was sitting on the beach, reading Scott Pilgrim Volume 2 while watching the sun set and every 10 seconds a fly would land on me or even worse buzz around my ears. My ears! Fuckers. They just seriously need to feck off before I go all Mr Miyagi and start killing them with chopsticks.

One thing I forgot to mention in my pervious posts is that I always thought flying alone would be difficult. Not traveling alone but actually going to an airport alone and checking in. I've always been on holiday or abroad with someone else, either with my friends or family, so I just let them do all the complicated stuff. Turns out that flying and getting on a plane is actually really easy. If you're ever traveling alone just remember that if I can do it any one can... oh and remember your passport I guess that's quite important as well.

If you are planning on traveling to Melbourne you should stay in St Kilda and Base Hostel. The staff are friendly, the rooms are nice and the food is only $5 each night. They have big enough lockers under the beds to fit all your stuff. Just remember to bring a padlock. You do need to pay for Wi-Fi though, which can be quite annoying. It will cost you $4 for 24 hours or $12 for 7 days.

For my last day in Melbourne I met my Uni mate Josh and his girlfriend Rach. Was good catching up and just walking around the city centre shopping. I ended up buying a book! In the UK I don't really read anything that isn't a comic or graphic novel. However, I'm running out of Scott Pilgrim volumes so I bought the book a Game of Thrones to read while I'm in Adelaide. I love the TV series so it will be good to see what the first book is like.

Somehow found this cool comic book store in the city. Didn't end up buying anything but I think I would have bought half the stuff there if I could afford it. They had this really cool black and white Joker figure, which cost $110. I'll look for it in Los Angeles and try and buy it somewhere there, hopefully for a cheaper price. We also went to China Town. I laughed because I was in China Town in Singapore the same time exactly a week ago. Lets hope there's another China Town in New Zealand when I'm there next Wednesday. After saying good bye to Rach and Josh I just went back to the hostel and relaxed. Went to the beach for the last time at night. It was surprisingly cold because of the strong wind. Was going to walk back to the hostel to get a hoodie but I couldn't be bothered as I knew I wouldn't have walked back to the beach.

I'm really going to miss staying in Melbourne. Was only there for a week but I loved it. Everything about it was amazing, apart from how expensive everything is, oh and the flies, not sure I've mentioned that I hate flies. I think my favourite moment while staying here was just simply walking down to the beach at night,  listening to music and watching the sun set :)

Another update in exactly 6 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 43 seconds time
 









4 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos Dean! :) looks like you're having an awesome time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina! I'm having an amazing time. Lots more photos to come :)x

      Delete
  2. Flies?? I'm pretty sure you didn't explain in enough depth how much you hate flies. I'll look forward to a follow up on the issue in your next post.
    Seriously though, looks like you're having a great time! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete