THE LITTLE THINGS

Monday, 4th March 2013

Got to Heathrow with 4 hours to kill. Did a lot of waiting around. Terminal 3 is incredible boring and they have no fast food. They do have a place that serves caviar and champagne though, but I ended up eating something out of a pot from 'EAT'.

Arrived in Dubai at 7am. 3am GMT, so I lost 4 hours sleep and felt like shit in the airport (which is huge btw). The Emirates flight to Dubai was great. I had a no one sitting next to me, so i could lay down and sleep for an hour, which was nice. I loved how at night the lights on the ceiling looked like stars or how i was able to charge my iphone. The little things.

Food tasted nice and they even had metal cutlery! Guess Emirates realised that not everyone is a terrorist and wants to use inflight cutlery to bring down a plane. Arriving in Dubai was fun. Got to see ant sized cars from out the window. Seeing all the dust and sand in Dubai made me appreciated Devon and the country side... but after seeing huge mansions with swimming pools every where you look, I quickly forgot about not being back at home. Was only in Dubai for less than 3 hours before I had to get on another plane.
The flight to Singapore lasted nearly 7 hours. Felt tired and had a little kid kicking the back of my seat before takeoff. Definitely not as good as the first flight. The screen in front of me showed BBC news updates. One update had the tittle of "Deadly plane crash", which is not something i really want to read when i'm on a plane. After traveling for over 24 hours and flying over 6000 miles, I finally made it to Singapore.

The taxi drive to the hostel was interesting. The driver was talking about rape and the punishment of canning. He also made an Indian joke when we passed Little India. "If there was a black out all you would see passing Little India would be white teeth". I did learn from him that the hostel I'm staying at is next to the President of Singapore's house. Basically there's a fence around the house and you will be shot if you trespassed.

It's 8am in the morning now and I'm in the hostel using a shit HP computer which is seriously out of date. The hostel itself is nice and is clean. Staying in a room with six other people. Four of them speak German and one of them fell asleep with the light on. She didn't turn it off until 3am >_<

More updates later.















No comments:

Post a Comment